viernes, marzo 27, 2020

A Tale of Two Necklaces

I recently (pre-pandemic panic) ordered a green depression glass necklace.  Depression glass now seems very appropriate, as a depression of sorts may well be in our future.  However, I also started wearing again the pretty gold necklace Mr. M gave me for our 3rd anniversary.  Knowing that emeralds are my favorite gems, he had the jeweler custom make the setting for this gem.  Both necklaces are special to me, the glass one because, to me, it represents this time in history, and it also reminds me of the futility of worry and the promise of God to provide for all our needs, and even to give us good gifts we ask for.  Also, I like the casual, beachy style and the bright green glass.  The other, fancy necklace reminds me of how much my husband loves me, and how much thought he put into choosing this setting, and that gem.  So, since I can't decide which to wear, I am wearing both for now.  I don't care that I might look like 80s Madonna, who wore many multiples of necklaces.  Having the two necklaces reminds me that I, and everyone else, have many sides to them:  a fancy, sweet, sentimental side, and a bohemian, beachy side.

No hay comentarios: