lunes, septiembre 19, 2011

Funny Ladies

Ah, books. Oh, to be back in the presence of my friends, and to be making new friends. I count on the authors of my books to make me funny and interesting. If the saying is true, and books really are friends, then Jane Lynch is my newest friend. She (actually, the book she wrote) just came in the mail today. I will revisit an old friend, Ellen DeGeneres, in Oct. I've already bought and read two books by her, and she will have a new one out in time for my birthday. (Coincidental, since the receipt from the second book of hers has my date of birth on it, apparently a gift to myself--or just my way of celebrating Henry Winkler's birthday.) I will meet a new friend in November (Nov.1, according to Amazon), Mindy Kaling, who plays Kelly Kapur on The Office. The title of her book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, alone makes me laugh. I ask myself that every lonely Friday night that I have-those when Mr. M. is busy playing his box, or to be technical, cajon.

No hay comentarios: