viernes, enero 20, 2012

Whose Rules are we Playing By?

I have been trying to live up to my own standards. I have a picture in my mind of the good qualities God wants to see in me. I neglected, though, to see if my ideas of the qualities God wants me to display are the same qualities that He says in Scripture that He wants to see in my life. Was I really working on treating others the way I want to be treated? (Luke 6:31.) Was I doing whatever it took to love God with all my heart, soul and mind? (Matthew 22:37.) Was I requiring myself to act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with my God? Because that's what God requires of me, and what He requires is all that matters. (Micah 6:8.) I need to rid myself, free myself of my own requirements, and just live as God requires me to live-in love and obedience to Him.

No hay comentarios: