lunes, mayo 13, 2013

Church Traditions

I am not big on traditions. It is just Mr. M and I in our house, and it just seems kind of silly for 2 adults to try and make a big hoopla of what I think of as just another day on the calendar. Please don't take me for a stoic or an ogre; I love to celebrate, just not on holidays. My church has a big tradition every year. The seminary graduation is always held on Mother's Day, so there are proud grads and their proud mamas all over the church campus. It is also a tradition for all of the graduates to host parties in every room of the church. Some grads have their own room, others join forces with another grad to have a bigger room with a more impressive spread. No matter the size of the room or the impressiveness of the food, it is always a fun time, celebrating with these men the end of one phase of their lives and the beginning of another. This is just one more reason why I love my church; it gives me traditions to celebrate.

No hay comentarios: