martes, mayo 14, 2013

Feeling Blue

My group of friends is getting older. We watched each other graduate, get jobs, get married, have kids, and just get on with life. We were an enviable lot-young, good-looking, well-educated. We had fun and we laughed a lot. Now we're all grown up, professionals, wives, mothers. It seems like it will be just the blink of an eye before we're all old, sitting on the porch in our rocking chairs, comparing our aches and pains. This has got me a little down. I guess it's not really true, though. I have a lot going on in my life, a lot of future plans and potential. I think of summer travel plans, and future ministry with students. In the meantime, I can go for walks and hang out with friends, and I can go on the hunt for cool stationery so I can maintain my reputation-my street cred-as an old-fashioned letter-writer.

No hay comentarios: