domingo, julio 28, 2013

Faithfulness in Ministry (and Life in General.)

I have read several times that, when it comes to ministry, faithfulness is 80% just showing up. That's why I braved the (to me) scary L.A. freeways to have brunch after church with a group of college students. Mr. M, having succumbed to allergies, needed to stay home and rest. My driver is down for the day. So I went as the sole representative of the M family. It was a good time. I really enjoy the company of the students. To them, I am way old, so it shocks them to find out I have a blog. It doesn't come as a surprise that I write (because I look like a writer and talk like a writer and read like a writer and I always have a small notebook in my purse to jot down any writing ideas), but I think they are surprised to learn that I know how to use a computer. I don't think I'd care about computers at all if I couldn't use them to write on. I have used writing ever since the pencil was invented as a way to express myself and share my thoughts. I can write when I can't speak. When I am intimidated, or fearful, or feeling shy, I have no trouble writing, and this has always been the case.

No hay comentarios: