martes, octubre 08, 2013

Psalm 23 today

Last Sunday's sermon was on Psalm 23. I am so glad that God has gone with me through the valley of the shadow of death. I would say that He climbed out of the valley just ahead of me so that He could help me out. Now I can relax in fields of green meadows by running brooks of clear water.

Those are pretty poetic and sentimental words, but they convey the past 15 years of my (physical) life well. I was fine until I was 23, and then I started down into the valley-the worst health problems I've had in my life. I went to a lot of doctors and tried a lot of things, but I was in the deepest darkness of the valley for almost 10 years. God was with me, but that doesn't mean it was fun. It was a scary and painful time, and I hope to never go near there again. I hope and pray that God will not lead me there ever again, but as I said yesterday, I will still praise His name if He does. With Job, I can say, "Though He slay me, yet I will trust in Him."

No hay comentarios: