martes, agosto 12, 2014

Truly Valuing Friendship Means Being Selective

Proverbs 12:26 says that the righteous are cautious in friendship.  I think it is fair to say that smart people are selective about their friends.  There is no denying that you become like the people with whom you spend most of your time.  This is true whether we realize it or not.  It is subtle, sneaky, and it's a slippery slope.  It is also serious . . . so serious that our peeps can be tools of Satan used to draw our hearts away from God.  (Of course, the other, positive side of the coin is that God can use our friends to draw us closer to Him, but I think most of us know that, so I want to expose the possible pits to which we may fall prey.)  I think this friendship talk very much applies to that social media giant to which I will refer as LaceCrook . . . mostly because I don't know how to make that little "R".  I don't see any reason to allow my LaceCrook life to be any different from my real life.  For instance, if Wheatengluten came to my house wanting to be friends, I would ask her why she thinks that's a good idea.  If Wheatengluten were to find me on LaceCrook and ask to be friends, I would ask the same thing.  It is not smart (nor righteous) to be friends with everybody who wants that from us.  I am blessed to know a whole herd and swarm of people who are absolute gems, but I also know a few who, when it comes to friendship-in person or online-it's best to "Just say no."

No hay comentarios: