martes, septiembre 23, 2014

How to be a Missionary on Main St. in Anytown, U.S.A.

Do you know any missionaries?  If you don't, I encourage you to get to know a missionary family through your church, and build a relationship with them.  Write to them.  I can guarantee you that their struggles are just like yours-using time wisely, keeping God first in their thoughts, depending on God in hard situations, raising Godly kids, being faithful at church.  I live in the suburbs, in a little community my mom used to say reminded her of Main Street in Disneyland.  So I am not a missionary . . . or am I?  I am not moving to another country, or even another state, to share the Gospel, but I am still commanded to share with my neighbors.  Even the good residents of Main Street need the Gospel.  I am still commanded to be a good Samaritan, that is, to be nice and compassionate and helpful.  I can be friendly and neighborly.  So can you.  We should all be praying for our neighbors, and showing kindness to give meaning to our words.  That's what all good missionaries do.  Whether you fulfill your mission in Asia, Africa, Europe, or in the Great Plains of America, your Christian mission is to love God and love your neighbor.

No hay comentarios: