miércoles, febrero 18, 2015

Zero Day

I am enjoying all my (9) hiking books-memoirs and stories about long-distance hikers on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, and others.  I am learning 1) that I don't ever want to be a long-distance hiker for innumerable reasons, and 2) to take life one day at a time.  In hiking, there is what is known as a zero day; that's when you hike zero miles, and just take a day off the trail to go into town and shower and rest and catch up on all the little errands that have piled up.  For hikers, that means eating clean and bug-free food, writing blog posts and e-mail, and drying out shoes.  For me, that means calling my insurance, and taking care of that ticket, and writing the article I'm working on.  It's a catch up day.  Yesterday was a perfect day for walking, so I walked all over town, and today I need to do everything I didn't do yesterday; it's my zero day.

No hay comentarios: