lunes, abril 06, 2015

Good Medicine

Today had about as bad a start as a day can have.  I was hurt by some very inconsiderate words, to put it mildly.  Later, though, Mr. M and I went to a back yard BBQ with some good friends, and all the hurt feelings were completely forgotten in the friendly atmosphere of the afternoon.  At the end of the day, I could say that the end of that day was as good an ending as a day can have.  I choose, in this blog and in life, to focus on the back yard BBQs of life, the good times with friends and family, rather than dwelling on bad and hurtful times.  Throughout my life, I've noticed one constant:  I don't enjoy spending time with people who complain; that's why I don't want to be one.  I want to be someone whose company is enjoyable.  I want the readers of my blog to walk away counting their blessings.  I don't want to deny the undeniable atrocities in this world, but I don't need to recount them for anyone, and no one needs me to tell them that this world is bad and seems to be only getting worse.  I hope that you read my blog and laugh and think and find some peace and comfort.  I want to be good medicine.  "A joyful heart is good medicine . . . "  That's Proverbs 17:22.  Pro. 16:24 says, "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

No hay comentarios: