sábado, mayo 09, 2015

Get Real on Mother's Day.

One of my mom's favorite sayings to me was, "Get real."  She was big on teaching me to be realistic, and not to expect a free ride.  My mom wanted to be sure I knew that I would have to work for the things I wanted.  Rarely does a day go by that I do not thank God for giving me-entrusting me, you could say-to my mom.  That was something she told me often, too-that I was not really hers, but that God had just entrusted her with me.  Every year at this time, I miss my mom-especially as I see all kinds of people buying cards and bunches of flowers for their moms-, but I instead celebrate God's goodness to me in choosing the very  best mom for me.  It is a day to reflect on His perfect sovereignty and lovingkindness towards me.

No hay comentarios: