jueves, junio 11, 2015

The Price of Inspiration and Ideas: A Cup of Coffee

I just started a book by Carol Burnett, One More Time.  She wrote the book for her daughters, so they would have written recollections from her youth.  For anyone who doesn't know, Carol is a fantastic entertainer and hilarious comedian.  I'm really looking forward to reading the book, partly because it reminds me of the great conversation I had with Persnicketta earlier this evening.  We were talking about success, and about the different definitions of success.  At this time in my life, I consider myself extremely successful because I get to do what I've always wanted to do.  Write and entertain.  From the first time I wrote a story (it was a punishment for chewing gum  in class in 8th grade), I loved that I could make my own world and my own people.  Also, the great goal and highest joy throughout my childhood and adolescence was making people-especially my mom-laugh.  I've never shied away from making people laugh.  I was on the skit team in my youth group, and they all knew they could count on me to do anything.  I am often asked about my most embarrassing moment, and I don't have one, only because I've never felt embarrassed.  I've been laughed at often, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, but I've always enjoyed it.  Are these embarrassing moments really embarrassing if I'm not embarrassed?  Anyhow, even though I don't get paid for anything I do, I consider myself a great success because I get to combine entertaining and writing.  So thanks for reading my blog; I hope you enjoy it, but that's OK if you don't because I enjoy writing it anyway.

No hay comentarios: