miércoles, julio 22, 2015

The Curious Sort

Today after I dropped my car off for some service, I was left on my own with no one but me to entertain me . . . which is just how I like it sometimes.  I had plenty of time to think.  I thought about the Special Olympics World Games, and the opening ceremony I had just gone to earlier.  It was held at a Christian college.  The student volunteers are hosting the athletes and their families in the school's dorms, and have fun activities planned for the weeks ahead.  I couldn't help but wonder how long the school will be able to do this.  This Christian college is one that will not bow to governmental and societal pressure to admit homosexual students or endorse a homosexual lifestyle in any way.   Being the curious sort, I wonder how the school will be limited in the future.  Will they have enough money to continue to be so beneficial to the community (in this case, a worldwide community, with athletes from Malawi and the Philippines)?  The government will likely cut any funding for the school in the future, which will limit the good it can do.  It seems to me that America is folding in on itself because the country wants to erase God and morality from everyday life.  The country is only hurting itself.  It is a sad state of affairs, but I was greatly encouraged seeing as how great today was, and how much good the college did for the athletes and their families.  Today was good; we can not, should not, worry about tomorrow-just be glad for the good that was done today, and pray that we can continue to do good tomorrow and the tomorrow after that.

No hay comentarios: