domingo, agosto 30, 2015

Lantana Rehab and Book Reviews

I came home from church today with a headache, so I took some aspirin and settled myself on the couch and watched A Novel Romance.  It was a really fun movie-not cheesy, and set in two of my favorite cities-New York and Portland.  On second thought, maybe it was cheesy, but, hey, I had a headache, and it was a movie about a writer . . . and, to my delight, a reviewer.  Being a reviewer myself (I'm going to try and add a button for the publisher I review for), I was on the edge of my seat . . . in my heart; in actuality, I was slouched down on the sofa as comfy as I could get.  It did make me think, though, how important a good reviewer can be.  It also made me think how few reviewers will have the same taste as any one reader.  Most of all, it made me think of the lovely and charming and delightful book I am reading now by Melanie Shankle, Nobody's Cuter Than You.  I loved the book and the author immediately, and when she quoted Mindy Kaling, I knew I wanted to read everything she's written.  Mindy's not a Christian, but she's hilarious, and I appreciate that so much.  Melanie Shankle is a Christian, and I love and appreciate that she recognizes Mindy's talent and hilarity.  I think we Christians need to do more of that as we interact with the world.  God's blessings aren't always sacred and sanctified.
After the movie, I went into the front yard to check on my red, orange, and yellow lantana.  There was nothing red, orange, or yellow about it.  It was only brown.  Maybe some green at the ends.  So I'm going to do my best to rehabilitate it.  It was something of an impetuous purchase.  It wasn't smart to buy a plant two days before a vacation, when it is scorching out, and we are in a drought.  Hope, the great motivator, will keep me watering the plant for the next month or so, when I will re-evaluate it, and either keep it, or replace it with a new lantana plant.
I'm going to go order all of Melanie Shankle's books now-and just FYI, I have already pre-ordered Mindy Kaling's 2nd book-, and add the official book reviewer button to my blog.

No hay comentarios: