miércoles, enero 04, 2017

2017 Aspirations and Thoughts

I don't make resolutions.  I don't see why I would wait 'til Jan.1 to start doing something that will make my life better, healthier, happier, or more God-glorifying.  However, I do think about that a lot-how to make my life and relationships and neighborhood and the planet healthier and happier and more glorifying to God.  The conclusion I usually reach is that the best things I can do are small things . . . even silly things, like starting a coloring club.  Silly, I know, but it has made me laugh on days when laughter seemed unattainable, and it has given me and my friends something fun to do that can involve the whole family.  And yes, I also want to be responsible in bigger ways, specifically in using common sense in ways that will benefit the environment and benefit my neighbors and my home and my wallet.  For that, I think about buying only what I need, and not having to have the newest and niftiest gadget just because I can.  I make trips to thrift stores to donate things that could be of use to someone else.  I guess my goal for 2017 is pretty much the same as it is for every year:  to live sensibly.

No hay comentarios: