domingo, enero 08, 2017

Redeeming Time for God and for the Edification of Others.

The Bible tells us to remember to gather together so that we can encourage one another.  (Heb. 10:25.)  So why am I sitting at home using my computer on a Sunday morning?  Because 1 Timothy 5:8 tells us that anyone who doesn't take care of their family members-especially immediate family members-has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.   James 1:27 also applies; I am looking after the interests of a widow in need, thereby practicing true religion that God finds faultless.  I see Romans 8:28 working in this situation.  If I have to stay home to take care of the needs of my immediate family, and I can't go to church and encourage others, I really, really want to be able to encourage others some way.  I'm grateful to be able to use this morning, and this technology, to encourage others.  Mr. M and I are in a trial, a very unpleasant one.  (Is there any other kind?)  God can use this trial to encourage others through our obedience.  As Mr. M and I respond rightly and Biblically, we can model for others how to respond in faith and obedience to a trial.  I am thankful for that opportunity.

No hay comentarios: