viernes, noviembre 17, 2017

My Weakness, My Boast

Habakkuk 3:17,18-"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior."

This verse describes my life right now very well; I feel crummy, and things just aren't going my way. No major crisis, I just feel down in the dumps, and I don't know why.  Yet I will rejoice in the Lord and be joyful in Him.  I know that my God is my Savior, and I will love Him and worship Him no matter how I feel.

Another passage that illustrates my current circumstances is Daniel 3:17,18-"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king.  But even if He does not, we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

God is able to take my blues away and to make me feel better, but even if He doesn't, I won't turn to money or beauty or comfort or any other idol.  I will do the same as I have been doing, I will keep doing the next right thing . . . for as long as it takes, no matter how I feel.  I will keep worshiping God, I will keep loving Mr. M, I will keep gathering with believers and showing hospitality and being kind to my neighbors.

I will end this post with one more verse:  Job 13:15  "Though He slay me, yet I will hope in Him . . . "

No hay comentarios: