viernes, enero 25, 2019

A Ray of Hope

     We are working with a lawyer who specializes in adoption.  This adoption process is a roller coaster, with very high highs and very low lows.  One of the lows was when the lawyer told us that my neurological disorder could really be a hindrance.  That really took the wind out of my sails.  But today, I spoke with someone who has a neurological disorder plus a couple of other health issues, and she found a birth mother in a matter of months. 
     I am more hopeful now, but I'm still trying to guard my heart and not get carried away; it's a very fine line, and it's hard, but I'm glad we're still in the process and still working toward our goal of adoption.  This journey is a long one, and I fight to find joy and balance in it.

No hay comentarios: