sábado, febrero 23, 2019

It is a beautiful, sunny day.  I slept in a bit.  Mr. M and I were woken at 6 in the morning by a phone call from the East Coast regarding an adoption opportunity.  Our profile book will be shown to the birth mother tomorrow.  I fell back to sleep, thanking God for this opportunity.  I woke so thankful for my role as wife.  I started reading this book yesterday, and it talks about how the men and women of the Reformation gave the proper dignity to the calling, the vocation of being a wife.  This is a breath of fresh air in this culture where so much of one's identity is tied to what they do outside the home.  I have wanted a job in the past, but when I am able to sleep in with Mr. M, or enjoy a quiet Saturday morning together, or even enjoy a romantic stroll through Home Depot, I am thankful that I'm able to stay at home and be Mr. M's wife, companion, and helper. 

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Praying for you from my current post. <3 - Persnicketta