miércoles, febrero 13, 2019

This is one of the photos from the photoshoot we did for our adoption profile book.  I don't know if adoption is in God's plan for us or not.  I hope it is, and I pray it is, but I just don't know.  I do know this, though;  adoption is a good thing.  God says that true and pure religion that pleases Him involves caring for orphans.  (James 1:27.)  This could mean domestic adoption or international adoption, or temporary foster care.  I hope and pray that whether or not we are given a baby to love, our journey towards adoption will inspire and encourage others in the church to begin their own journey toward adoption.  Adoption is an amazing opportunity to share God's love with the world, and make a true impact for Christ.  Adoption turns our homes into a mission field.  John Piper says of missions that we are all called to either go or send.  I think the same can be said of adoption-either you adopt, or you support those who do financially and/or by prayer. 
As much as I would like to adopt, I can't know if that is God's will for our family; but I do know that adoption is God's will for some, and I want to do all I can to help make God's plan a reality.

No hay comentarios: